- Ninety-one percent of today’s online adults use social media regularly
- Revenue per email averages two times higher for “friends and family” campaigns
- Twenty-eight percent of smartphone owners watch videos on their phones in a typical month
- Pinterest is now the third most popular social networking site behind Facebook and Twitter
- Ninety-two percent of businesses feel their contact data is inaccurate in some way
As well as the above conclusions, below are some more quirkier findings:
- People who use social media are more likely to drive a Saab, fly Virgin Atlantic, eat at Chevy's, own an iPhone, and visit Starbucks
- Those who use professional networks are more likely to fly United Airlines, stay at the Hilton, use UPS and Hertz rent-a-car
- People who use video sharing sites are more likely to drink Capri Sun, wear Puma trainers/sneakers, and eat Ice Cream
As I first read these points I looked down at my Puma trainers whilst sipping my Capri Sun and couldn't quite believe it...!
This report is great. Pinterest is certainly fast-becoming one of the major players in Social Media, but it is surprising to see that it has already passed LinkedIn in terms of monthly visits! It'll be interesting to see if it can continue this stratospheric rise to prominence or if the hype will die down in the next few months. I'm guessing the former, its user base is fully engaged and growing and I'm sure not many will want to abandon their 'boards' they have spent so long putting together.
The fact that 91% of adults online use social media 'regularly' shows just how important and engrained in society it has become. We're always stressing to our clients, and people we talk to about our business, that social media is 'where it's at': EVERYONE (well, almost everyone) is now online; and this represents a huge opportunity for brands and organisations to build a presence for themselves across the social networks.
Give us a tweet, me a tweet, drop us an email, or visit our site if you are looking to develop a strategy for using social media for your business.
Resonate... We make it OUR business to make YOUR business Resonate!